Wednesday, June 21, 2006
T-minus 9 days and counting!
Woo-hoo!
A peaceful family vacation. Isn't that what any normal mother wants? Ahh, but then it gets rearranged. My family of five decides to add my niece and nephew. Then, my sister decides maybe they will come down for a few days. So our party went from 5 to 7 and now (hold your breath people) 17. Orlando will never know what hit them. I am telling you those hurricanes got nothing on us.
I am totally psyched though. My sister and I haven't taken a vacation together in thirteen years. That Spring Break in St Augustine was just awesome! We sat last night and shared the stories of that adventure with her kids. They actually went with us, they were just to young to remember.
My favorite memory of Spring Break 1993:
Kids are in bed, Mary and I are partaking in a few wine coolers in our ground floor, beachfront condo. It's late and she has on a short t-shirt and underwear. She makes a trip to el bano. As she turns the corner afterwards she catches the gaze of a young man on a midnight beach stroll. She promtly screams, ducks down, and returns to the bathroom. I am laying on the couch laughing my rear section off when I turn to look out the sliding door and the same moment she peeks around the corner to do the same. What to our wondering eyes should appear? The afore mentioned young man is pressed up against the glass trying to get a better view. We both shrieked and died laughing as did our peeping Tom! Ahhhh, those where the days!
A peaceful family vacation. Isn't that what any normal mother wants? Ahh, but then it gets rearranged. My family of five decides to add my niece and nephew. Then, my sister decides maybe they will come down for a few days. So our party went from 5 to 7 and now (hold your breath people) 17. Orlando will never know what hit them. I am telling you those hurricanes got nothing on us.
I am totally psyched though. My sister and I haven't taken a vacation together in thirteen years. That Spring Break in St Augustine was just awesome! We sat last night and shared the stories of that adventure with her kids. They actually went with us, they were just to young to remember.
My favorite memory of Spring Break 1993:
Kids are in bed, Mary and I are partaking in a few wine coolers in our ground floor, beachfront condo. It's late and she has on a short t-shirt and underwear. She makes a trip to el bano. As she turns the corner afterwards she catches the gaze of a young man on a midnight beach stroll. She promtly screams, ducks down, and returns to the bathroom. I am laying on the couch laughing my rear section off when I turn to look out the sliding door and the same moment she peeks around the corner to do the same. What to our wondering eyes should appear? The afore mentioned young man is pressed up against the glass trying to get a better view. We both shrieked and died laughing as did our peeping Tom! Ahhhh, those where the days!
